Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Market Goodies



What a whirlwind of a weekend!

My parents flew in from Colorado so my mother could attend the International Quilt Market with me and so my father could endlessly tease his grandchildren. Needless to say, a great time was had by all.

This is the third time I've attended the International Quilt Market. The first two years were in 2000 and 2003 where I attended the wholesale portion as an employee of Liberty Gardens. I debated this year whether to attend as a wholesale buyer. In the end I decided to just attend the retail portion, figuring that most of the exhibitors from the wholesale market more then likely would stay on for the retail market.

I was sorely mistaken.

My aim in attending the quilt market was to visit the various Moda designers and preview their new lines for the coming year. Much to my dismay, the Moda designers only stayed for the wholesale portion. There was not one scrap of upcoming fabric at the show, and believe me, I looked. I was more then a little disappointed.

But all was not lost!

My mom and I did find a few cute booths that we did love. I had a great time kicking around the Moda Bakeshop booth. Moda Bakeshop is a blog that is overflowing with ideas of way to use Moda's jellyrolls, layer cakes, turnovers, honey buns, charm packs etc. What I really loved about Moda Bakeshop was what they were creating from the fabric - so many things to create from Moda goodness that I had never even thought of before. My head is spinning with possibilities after that stop!

The other booth I really enjoyed was Puddingstone Road. This booth was filled with patterns and kits for various projects. What I really appreciated about Puddingstone Road was their tremendous originality and creativity in their patterns and packaging. I purchased the above 'Frosty' kit from their booth. It's a pattern for a 'Frosty' potpourri of sorts - with everything I need tucked neatly away in a mason jar. Seriously - how cute it that? My mother and I made a third trip back to the quilt show just to visit this single booth, between the two of us I think we bought just about everything in the booth.

Inspired by these two booths, I have added a 'Delights' column to the side of Harvest Moon Hollow. You will notice the 'Moda Bakeshop' button, as well as the 'Fat Quarter Shop' (I think I'm in love with the Fat Quarter Shop). I would love to add more buttons! Do you have a 'delight' in your stitching life that you would like to share here? Do you have a button from your own blog that you would like listed? Please let me know - the more 'delights' the merrier!


P.S. Christmas items should be released this week!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a great time. I love the Frosty in the jar! Have a good weekend, Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the Moda Bakeshop! That's why I want a sewing machine so badly!! And you know how I feel about the Fat Quarter Shop equaling Heaven. Have you seen Camille Roskelly's new book, Simplify: Quilts for the Modern Home? Oh my gosh! It is so fantastic!

    PS- save me a Christmas quilt! I want one!

    ReplyDelete